Server Migration (Introduced in v2.7)
The server migration function is an efficient OS-independent "one-click migration" tool. With this function you can quickly backup and run the server in one click, use the backup file and restore it to a new server in one click.
After the Server migration is done the device migration can be started. The device migration will allow you to move the devices from the old server to the new server without the need to change the server address manually on each device.
For more details about the device migrations and how it works, please check the device migration guide.
The Server migration can very helpful in a few scenarios, listing some of the below:
- Move the whole server and all Liso devices from the old Evoko Home server to a new one.
- Move Evoko Home server from local on-premises installation to cloud installation.
- Move Evoko Home server from cloud to on-premises.
- Changing the operating system of the Evoko Home server.
The process of using the server migration is straightforward and easy. The required steps are explained below:
- From the source Evoko Home server navigate to Global Settings -> and scroll down to Backup
- Set an encryption secret that will be used to encrypt the back data and repeat the secret.
- Click on the Backup button, it might take a few seconds to complete the backup, and a successful message should appear when the back up is done.
- The backup file can be downloaded by clicking the link under the secret field. This file is ready for the restore part on another server.
- On the target clean Evoko Home installation, instead of using the booking system wizard, click on the Restore Home application and settings from a backup.
- Click the browse button and select the backup file you created on the source server.
- Fill in the encryption secret and click on the restore button. Depending on the file size, the process might take seconds to minutes. Once the process is finished, a success message should appear.
- The new server is now ready to be used, please use the old login information to log in to the new Evoko Home Server.