Why you should turn off Teams' noise suppression
Teams and other conferencing software come with selectable noise-suppression algorithms to make calls sound as clear as possible on a broad variety of devices. However, this algorithm may conflict with similar noise control systems on different components like microphones or DSP processors. Additionally, the AEC algorithm built into Biamp Tesira processors is far superior to its computer-based counterparts and should be set as the default noise suppression method whenever possible.
How to turn off Teams' noise suppression
- Open the Teams desktop application.
- Click on the ellipsis (three-dot) menu button on the top right of the Teams window.
- Click on the Settings cog button.
- Click on the Devices tab with the headphone icon in the opened Settings pane on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to the Noise suppression section and select Off in the dropdown menu.
These settings are persistent between sessions but may need to be adjusted if a change is made to the conferencing setup.