Default IP address
All Nexia and Audia devices are shipped with a default IP address of 192.168.1.101.
On single unit systems you can start programming without changing the IP address. For multi-unit systems, each device must have a unique IP address. Therefore, the IP addresses need to be changed so all units can co-exist in the same network.
Modifying multiple IP addresses
To change the IP addresses on a multi unit system, follow these steps:
- Connect to the system to retrieve the current configuration file.
- Ensure the IP address of your PC is in the same subnet as the IP address of the devices.
- Go to File→Network→Connect to Network to discover the devices on the network.
- Select a system from the System List, and click Connect To System.
- Disconnect from the system and save a copy of the file in your hard drive.
- Go to File→Network→Disconnect from System.
- Go to File→Save As...
- Reset/Initialize all the devices in the system to clear out their configuration file.
- Go to File→Network→Perform Device Maintenance
- Select a device in the Device List, then click Reset/Initialize
- Note that the device ID will change to 0 once the device has been reset.
- Change the IP addresses of all your devices.
- In the Device Maintenance window, select a device in the Device List, and click Set IP Address.
- Enter the desired IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway and click OK.
- Note that units might disappear if the new IP address is in a different subnet.
- Rediscover the devices at their new IP addresses, and resend the configuration file.
- Close the Device Maintenance window.
- If the devices are now in a new subnet, you will need to change the IP address of your computer to be in the same subnet.
- Go to File→Network→Disconnect from Network.
- Go to File→Network→Connect to Network.
- Click on the Send System Config button.