To make a RED-1 remote controller work with an Audia/Nexia configuration, we only need to make certain that the Device ID matches both in the configuration and in the remote controller itself. If they don't, once a configuration file is loaded, the remote will show “Waiting for Configuration” on its display. This article provides a quick way of solving this problem.
Assumptions and requirements
The instructions in this article assume that the RED-1 already has an IP address that is in the same subnet as the Audia or Nexia. If the RED-1 has an IP in a different subnet, then the Audia/Nexia won't be able to talk to it, which means that you may need to set an IP address on the RED-1 from its configuration menu. The default IP address of a RED-1 is 192.168.1.201.
If you are working with multiple RED-1's, they will need to have unique IP addresses assigned to them before completing the steps below.
Configuring the RED-1 from the software
- These steps can only be completed while you are disconnected from the Audia/Nexia system. If you are currently connected to the system, go to File→Network→Disconnect From System.
- Select the RED-1 block in your configuration and go to the Property Sheet (right-click on the RED-1 block, select Properties).
- Look under the DSP Attributes tab for the Device ID. Most likely it says “RED-1ID 01” which is the default.
- If you like, you can select that field and change the Device ID to something simpler.
- Then, select the ID you typed and press CTRL+C to copy it.
- Go to File→Network→Perform Device Maintenance. If that option is not available, you may need to go to File→Network→Connect To Network first.
- In the Device Maintenance window, click on the “Remote Ethernet Devices” button. If your RED-1 is properly connected and it has a good IP address, it should show up in the table.
- Select the RED-1 in the list and click the “Set Device ID” button.
- Press CTRL+V to paste the Device ID in the New Device ID field.
- Click OK and then close all other windows.
- If you haven't already sent your configuration file to the Audia/Nexia, send it now (File→Network→Send System Configuration).