Resetting a Crowd Mics ATOM to factory default settings
This article explains the steps required to reset a Crowd Mics ATOM device to its factory default settings. A factory reset may be required as a last-resort measure to regain access to a unit:
- In the occasion of a lost admin password
- To connect to a unit with an unknown network interface configuration
- Download the ATOM reset key file here.
- Save the file (cm-atom-soft rest.key) to a USB thumb drive
- Note that NTFS formatting is not supported
- Reboot / power up the ATOM
- The ATOM has been reset when fully booted up
- Remove the USB drive
- This resetting procedure requires Crowd Mics Firmware 2.3.14 or higher and is not supported in earlier versions.
- The reset process will set the following preferences back to default:
- Admin dashboard password
- Network settings
- Event list
- ATOM settings