This system design template describes a typical loudspeaker layout for a church with the platform area located in one corner, which creates a diamond-shaped congregational seating area requiring wide horizontal coverage. The equipment list shows recommendations that will fit multiple room sizes and budget requirements.
The loudspeakers align across the platform and aim along the centerline of each congregational section. In most cases, it is best to also align the loudspeaker's on-axis projection with the presenter's position (podium, pulpit, altar, etc.). This will lead to a wider loudspeaker grouping, though they all radiate from one 'virtual' central position above the platform (see dashed line on Top View). The loudspeaker horn patterns must be carefully selected to address each seating area with care to minimize overlapping effects.
In most cases, medium format two-way I SERIES models and three-way V SERIES models offer a wide range of choices to suit these requirements. In larger versions of this venue, IP8-1153 three-way loudspeakers can be used.
Subwoofers are not shown in this model, but if extended low frequency response is required, they could be mounted overhead (possibly behind the full range loudspeakers) to preserve floor space and keep LF levels low on-stage. An additional (or different model) amplifier would be needed to control the subwoofers.
Below is the list of loudspeaker and amplifier equipment used in this design:
Medium Size Room: V SERIES Option
- 3 - Community V2-3500 Medium Power 15-inch Full-Range Three-Way; 55 Hz – 18 kHz, (H x V): 3564 (60° x 40°), 3594 (90° x 40°)
- 1 - Community ALC-404D Amplified Loudspeaker Controller: 4 Channels x 400W + DSP and Dante (V2-3500)
- 3 - Community V SERIES Ceiling Mount Hardware - See Brackets and Accessories Guide
Medium Size Room: I SERIES Option
- 3 - Community IP6-1152 Medium Power 15-inch Full-Range Two-Way; 30 Hz – 19.5 kHz, (H x V): /26 (120° x 60°), /64 (60° x 40°), /66 (60° x 60°), /94(90° x 40°), /96 (90° x 60°), /99 (90° x 90°)
- 1 - Community ALC-3202D Amplified Loudspeaker Controller: 2 Channels x 3200W + DSP and Dante (IP6-1152)
- 3 - Community I SERIES Ceiling Mount Hardware - See BalancePoint Flyware Guide
Large Size Room : I SERIES High Power Option
- 3 - Community IP8-1153 High Power 15-inch Three-Way Installation Loudspeaker; 30 Hz – 21.8 kHz, (H x V): /64 (60° x 40°), /66 (60° x 60°), /94 (90° x 40°)
Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers
Biamp's line of Community Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers (ALC) offers factory-optimized DSP processing, protective limiting and amplification, as well as signal routing, zone switching, and remote monitoring for virtually any Community loudspeaker application.
Standard Ethernet communication protocols allow for fast system design, system control, and remote system monitoring. Analog and Dante® inputs included in each model are assignable per channel in static or failover/backup configuration, supporting quick and easy integration into any new or existing system.
Community-authored loudspeaker presets include equalization, high pass filters, and multi-stage limiters tailored to each model, ensuring consistent sound quality and full loudspeaker protection in every application. Additionally, each Community loudspeaker preset includes loudspeaker power and impedance information, allowing the system configuration software to display the total power and impedance of multiple parallel wired loudspeakers, further reducing the time and effort required to match complete loudspeaker systems with the appropriate ALC models and output channel configurations.
In-depth control and monitoring is accomplished via ArmoníaPlus® system manager software.
- V SERIES V2 Installation and Operation Guide
- V SERIES Brackets and Accessories Guide
- I SERIES Installation and Operation Quick Start Guide
- I SERIES BalancePoint Flyware Guide
- Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers Installation and User Guide
- ArmoníaPlus System Manager Software
- Designer Tips & Tricks
- EASE Focus Templates