This system design template describes a typical Loudspeaker layout for a Modern Church with a broad front chancel / podium space and a moderately wide and deep congregation area. Loudspeaker mounting is somewhat limited by a medium ceiling height.
In this example, we have used two matching arrays. Each loudspeaker cluster addresses one-half of the audio system and includes two horizontally oriented (landscape) cabinets with rotated horns. In each array, the upper loudspeaker is aimed to project to rear seats using narrow vertical dispersion angle (in this case 90° H x 40° V). The lower loudspeaker is aimed downward addressing closest seats with a wider vertical dispersion (in this case 120° H x 60° V). Refer to the Side View coverage lines (pink). In some cases, particularly more narrow rooms, each array can be located farther “off-stage” for truer Left / Right “Stereo” coverage. Each array must address all seats to achieve the desired effect.
This system shows I SERIES subs positioned behind the main array to offer a tight bass response to the listeners. Coupled floor mounted subs are preferred in
most situations for additional low frequency support, but in this case, distributed floor positioned subs would be too close.
For general fill monitoring purposes a compact loudspeaker mounted below each subwoofer aims toward the front platform. Portable monitors (MX8, MX10) could also be an option for individual stage performers.
Below is the list of loudspeaker and amplifier equipment used in this design:
- 2 - Community IP6-1122/94 Medium Power 12-inch Full-Range Two-Way; 37 Hz – 19 kHz, /94( 90° x 40°) Vertical Coverage
- 2 - Community IP6-1122/26 Medium Power 12-inch Full-Range Two-Way; 37 Hz – 19 kHz, /26 (120° x 60°) Downward coverage
- 2 - Community IS6-212 Medium Power Dual 12-inch Subwoofer; 38 Hz – 150 Hz, (H x V): 360° x 180°
- 2 - Community IC6-1082/26 High Output 8-inch Two-Way Installation Loudspeaker; 52 Hz to 19.5 kHz, (H x V): /26 - 120° x 60°; /96 - 90° x 60°
- 2 - Community VSB-SBR54 Dual Vertical Splay with Extension Kit for 2-way Models
- 2 - Community IUB1082 U-bracket for IC6-1082. Allows mounting of the IC6-1082, pivoting on the long axis individually.
- 1 - Community ALC-1604D Amplified Loudspeaker Controller: 4 Channels x 1600W + DSP and Dante
- 1 - Community ALC-404D Amplified Loudspeaker Controller: 4 Channels x 400W + DSP and Dante
This Design can be implemented using I-Series 600 or 800 level loudspeakers and subwoofers and Compact I-Series fills, using BalancePoint Flyware. Amplifier requirements will depend on the loudspeakers chosen.
Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers
Biamp's line of Community Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers (ALC) offers factory-optimized DSP processing, protective limiting and amplification, as well as signal routing, zone switching, and remote monitoring for virtually any Community loudspeaker application.
Standard Ethernet communication protocols allow for fast system design, system control, and remote system monitoring. Analog and Dante® inputs included in each model are assignable per channel in static or failover/backup configuration, supporting quick and easy integration into any new or existing system.
Community-authored loudspeaker presets include equalization, high pass filters, and multi-stage limiters tailored to each model, ensuring consistent sound quality and full loudspeaker protection in every application. Additionally, each Community loudspeaker preset includes loudspeaker power and impedance information, allowing the system configuration software to display the total power and impedance of multiple parallel wired loudspeakers, further reducing the time and effort required to match complete loudspeaker systems with the appropriate ALC models and output channel configurations.
In-depth control and monitoring is accomplished via ArmoníaPlus® system manager software.
- I SERIES Compact Installation and Operation Quick Start Guide
- I SERIES BalancePoint Flyware Guide
- I SERIES BalancePoint Flyware Quick Reference Guide with Links
- Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers Installation and User Guide
- ArmoníaPlus System Manager Software
- Designer Tips & Tricks
- EASE Focus Templates