This system design template describes a typical loudspeaker layout for a mid-size congregation area with tall sloping ceilings, full-width chancel space and raised rear seating.
In this room design layout, the main array covers most of the congregational seating area. Supplemental downfill speakers are located on either side focused on the outside forward congregational areas.
Though hard interior surfaces and high ceiling heights can enhance choir and instrumental music, the same soaring space can also degrade speech and blur faster tempo music. The center main array is mounted high and will cover all but the most forward right and left seats. The IC6-1082's provide directed coverage to those areas. This also improves localization to help listeners in the front corners to focus their attention on the chancel area.
Below is the list of loudspeaker and amplifier equipment used in this design:
- 4 - Community IV6-1122/15 (Main array) IV6 Modular Vertical Array : 12-Inch 2-Way, Nominal Beamwidth (H x V) 1122/15 – 120° x 15° (Main array)
- 1 - Community IV6-GP-AF IV6 Glidepoint™ Array Frame
- 2 - Community IC6-1082/96 (L/R fill) High Output 8-inch Two-Way Installation Loudspeaker; 52 Hz to 19.5 kHz, (H x V): /96 - 90° x 60°
- 2 - Community IVY1082 Vertical Yoke Attachment for I SERIES IC6-1082 models
- 1 - Community ALC-1604D Amplified Loudspeaker Controller: 4 Channels x 1600W + DSP and Dante (IV6-1122/IC6-1082)
Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers
Biamp's line of Community Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers (ALC) offers factory-optimized DSP processing, protective limiting and amplification, as well as signal routing, zone switching, and remote monitoring for virtually any Community loudspeaker application.
Standard Ethernet communication protocols allow for fast system design, system control, and remote system monitoring. Analog and Dante® inputs included in each model are assignable per channel in static or failover/backup configuration, supporting quick and easy integration into any new or existing system.
Community-authored loudspeaker presets include equalization, high pass filters, and multi-stage limiters tailored to each model, ensuring consistent sound quality and full loudspeaker protection in every application. Additionally, each Community loudspeaker preset includes loudspeaker power and impedance information, allowing the system configuration software to display the total power and impedance of multiple parallel wired loudspeakers, further reducing the time and effort required to match complete loudspeaker systems with the appropriate ALC models and output channel configurations.
In-depth control and monitoring is accomplished via ArmoníaPlus® system manager software.
- IV6 System Design and Install Manual
- I SERIES Installation and Operation Quick Start Guide
- IV6 Rigging Frames, Accessories, and Safety Guide
- V SERIES Brackets and Accessories Guide
- Amplified Loudspeaker Controllers Installation and User Guide
- ArmoníaPlus System Manager Software
- Designer Tips & Tricks