Biamp’s VoIP-enabled products have the ability to make and receive phone calls over many different Voice-over-IP (VoIP) systems that adheres to the SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) standard. This article details the steps required to configure an Avaya SIP Enablement Service (SES) VoIP system to work with Biamp's Tesira VoIP products and configuring those products with SageVue
Please first review the requirements for using the VoIP web interface to configure a Tesira VoIP endpoint.
Avaya creates and maintains application notes for certified products manufactured by Avaya's DevConnect Technology Partners. Avaya's full application note for configuring an Avaya SES system to use Tesira VoIP endpoints can be downloaded from this link. Information specific to creating the endpoint is below.
Configure Avaya SIP Enablement Service (SES)
1. Capacity Verification
Biamp Tesira VoIP endpoints are configured as off-PBX telephones in SES. You must verify that there are enough licenses available to successfully register a Tesira endpoint
Enter the display system-parameters customer-options command. Verify that there are sufficient Maximum Off-PBX Telephones – OPS licenses. If not, contact an authorized Avaya account representative to obtain additional licenses
On Page 2 of the form, verify that the number of SIP trunks supported by the system is sufficient for the number of SIP trunks needed. If not, contact an authorized Avaya account representative to obtain additional licenses.
Note: Each Tesira VoIP endpoint can be configured for 2 separate lines.
2. Configure SIP Extension number
This section describes the steps for administering OPS stations in Communication Manager and associating the OPS station extensions with the telephone numbers of Biamp Tesira endpoints.
"Enter add station xxxx", where "xxxx" is an extension valid in the provisioned dial plan.
Repeat this step as necessary to configure additional Tesira endpoints.
3. Configure extension mapping
Enter the add off-pbx-telephone station-mapping command and configure the following:
Repeat this step as necessary to configure additional off-pbx-telephone station-mapping
In the Integrated Management SIP Server Management page, select the "Users" then "Add" link from the left pane of the screen.
Note: Repeat this step to add a new SIP extension for each Biamp Tesira endpoint.
From the next screen, enter the numeric telephone extension you want to create in the database. Select the extension's Communication Manager Server from the drop-down list.
Click on the Add button
Once you have entered this information we can move on to configure the Tesira VoIP endpoint
Accessing VoIP settings in SageVue
- Open a browser and login to your Sagevue webpage.
- Navigate to "Devices" on the right side of your browser.
- Click on the device description of a device running a configuration that has a VoIP interface
- Navigate to the VoIP configuration tab. (If you cannot access the VoIP settings make sure your account has read/write permissions for VoIP settings. More information on user roles can be found on the online SageVue help page.)
- Select the correct interface that adjustments are going to be made on.
- If you'd like to set the same settings on all VoIP interfaces within this device, enable the "Configure all VoIP cards in this device" option. Note that only fields highlighted in yellow can be updated on multiple endpoints at once.
- Under the Network region of the screen, set “VLAN Tagging” to “Enabled” if your VoIP network uses a tagged VLAN. If the network uses an untagged VLAN or no VLAN, leave this value as “Disabled”. If VLAN is enabled, enter the correct VLAN ID.
- Leave “DHCP” set to “Enabled” if the Tesira endpoint will obtain an IP address automatically from a DHCP server. Otherwise, set “DHCP” to “Disabled”, and manually enter an appropriate static IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway for the Tesira.
- Select the Line you are editing
- Set Proxy Vendor to Avaya SES.
- In the Extension field enter in the number form the Primary Handle. (see "Configure Avaya SES", step 4)
- In the Display Name field, optionally enter a name for the extension for Caller ID purposes. Note that this name may be overridden by the proxy server, and therefore may not show up as the Caller ID name.
- In the Authentication User Name (Extension) field enter the number from the Primary Handle field (see "Configure Avaya SES", step 4)
- In the Password field enter the password for the Extension.(see "Configure Avaya SES", step 4)
- In the SIP Proxy Address Enter the IP address of SIP enablement services.
- In the SIP proxy Port Field Verify that the port is correct
- If you’re configuring two lines, select “Line 2” repeat steps 10-16.
- Once all settings have been added, click the Update button and the settings will be written to the Tesira VoIP interface.
- More Advanced features such as transport type, QoS settings, and Local Dial Plan can only be changed via the Tesira software or the VoIP webpage. These settings are optional and often don't need to be changed from their default values.