Vidi 100/150 overview
The Vidi 100/150 satellite camera is designed for use with huddle or small conferencing room systems. Onboard optics include 1/2.5" CMOS progressive scan image sensor with a 4K resolution and 120° field of view. The Vidi 100/150 also includes a built in microphone array with two omnidirectional elements working with onboard noise reduction signal processing to ensure clear audio reproduction. Camera is powered via onboard USB-B connector.
The core features of both the Vidi 100/150 are the same across both models. The Vidi 150 adds auto framing/tracking technology to keep participants in frame during calls as an option from the camera menu. The autoframing/tracking can be turned on/off via the on screen menu to allow flexibility in different call setups.
The Vidi 100/150 is designed around a 8MP progressive scan image sensor for Ultra HD 4K, 2160p @ 30fps resolution with 120° horizontal field of view. It is great fit for personal use, huddle spaces, or small conference room applications. Below is a list of the features included both the Vidi 100/150 remote cameras.
- 4K ultra high definition, 4K@30fps/25fps image output
- Color/Compression: YUY2/MJPEG/NV12/H.264
- 120° horizontal field of view
- 2D & 3D digital noise reduction algorithm
- Zoom/Pan via remote
- Auto white balance
- Backlight compensation via remote
- Camera presets via remote
- Backwards compatible with 1080p, 720p and other resolutions.
- Auto framing/tracking technology available in the Vidi 150 model.
The Vidi 100/150 cameras are not supported by the Biamp Camera Control application. Control is done with the provided RF remote control, or through the UC application.
Microphones and processing
Both Vidi 100/150 camera feature a dual omni-directional microphone array with an onboard noise-canceling algorithm to ensure that everyone in the room is heard clearly. This array is designed to work equally well with camera mounted at the display or direct on a wall surface. The Vidi is designed to work with UC platforms that provide acoustic echo cancellation(AEC) for connected audio devices. There is no additional AEC processing hosted on the Vidi hardware.
- Microphone type: Omni-directional (x2)
- Onboard DSP: Noise suppressing algorithm
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation: None
- Visual mute indicator LED: None
Autoframing (Vidi 150)
The Vidi 150 model adds the framing/tracking feature to its available options. This is enabled via the on screen menu from the RF remote. There are two tracking modes along with a demo mode available.
Menu Option: Tracking: Gradual, Demo, On, Off
- Gradual mode the most natural response with a slower transition as the tracking zooms on participants in the room.
- Demo mode only shows the indication of what is triggering the tracking without actually zooming to the shot. Good for verifying the functionality within a room environment with multiple participants.
- On mode provides an instant change to the zoomed view in a more preset recall type transition.
- Off mode disables the tracking while enabling the RF remote controls for slow or fast zoom/pan adjustments
Connectivity and mounting
The Vidi 100/150 has an rear mounted USB-B (3.0) connection for powering and data transfer to host device. One USB-B 3.0 to USB-A, 1m length, 5GBit/Sec Rated is included. For optimal performance, connect the camera to a USB 3.0 port.
Vidi 100/150 cameras may be connected to a USB 2.0 port or extender using USB 2.0,but 4K resolution isn't supported. 1080p or lower resolutions and formats will stream at USB 2.0 data rates.
- The Vidi 100/150 is recommended to be used with USB extenders that use the USB 3.0 standard. Any extender used must support isochronous data transfer in order to successfully carry audio over USB. The Vidi 100/150 is USB-powered a maximum 3W power from host device.
Note: If any issues with powering the camera or image quality are experience it is recommended to always remove and test without the extender device before contacting support.
• 2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo processor or higher
• 2 GB RAM or more
• USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 required for 4K)
Dimensional drawing of the Vidi 100/150 is included below for reference. Dimension are shown in millimeters. A full set of CAD files are available for download from link in the section below.
The Vidi 100/150 has an integrated mount that allows for flexibility of install above a monitor or on a flat surface using the integrated clip. There is also a threaded mounting clip, 1/4” - 20 UNC thread for installation using 3rd party devices and wall brackets.