This article explains how to set up daVinci with multiple Windows user accounts.
This procedure requires accessing the registry of your computer. Changing entries in the Windows registry can be dangerous and can cause major problems. Please follow these steps closely, and only perform them if you are comfortable/familiar with accessing the Windows registry.
- Setup Auto-Connect and make certain it works as desired, then close DaVinci.
- Open the Registry Editor by clicking Start > Run and typing
- On the navigation pane, expand the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” folder.
- Locate the “Software” folder and expand it.
- Locate the “Biamp Systems” folder and expand it.
- Right-click on the “daVinciRelx.x” folder and click “Export”.
- Save this file as “davinci.reg” in the local drive (C:).
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open the Notepad (normally under Start > All Programs > Accessories).
regedit /sfollowed by the location of the registry in the local drive (i.e.
regedit /s C:\davinci.reg)
- Save this file as “davinci.bat” in the local drive (C:).
- Close the Notepad.
- Locate the davinci.bat file in the local drive and create a shortcut.
- Add this shortcut to “C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup”.
- Right click on the shortcut and click properties.
- Go to the advanced menu and select “Run with different credentials”.
- Have the administrator allow this to run with administrator privileges and click “OK”.
- Log out of Windows. When you log back in as any user, daVinci will be set up to Auto Connect.