This article explains how to use the downloadable calculator to balance the weight of a Community IV6 array that uses both full range elements and subwoofers behind the array, such that the weight is distributed correctly and the array frame hangs level. These instructions only apply when using the Community IV6-SB-AF rigging frame to hang the array. The calculator requires Microsoft Excel, and is intended to be used in conjunction with data obtained from EASE Focus software.
Prior to using this calculator, you should have designed the main array(s) in EASE® Focus 3, because you will need the total weight of the full-range array in order to calculate where the hang point needs to be for the Sub-Behind array frame to hang level.
Using the calculator
- Download the calculator by clicking on this link.
- Open the Excel file and enter the weight of the Full-range array from the EASE Focus report.
- Choose the desired Sub Configuration from the drop down list.
- The hang point will calculate automatically.
- Record the hang point distance and the carriage position (Front or Back) for use when the system is installed.