Evoko Home can be installed on both Windows and Linux (Debian based) servers. The installation procedure depends on the operating system therefore please select the type of operating system which you will install Evoko Home.
Ubuntu Server Prerequisites
- A server running a 64-bit Debian based distribution (Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS recommended).
- A static IPv4 address (the Evoko Liso units will point to this IP).
- Two free and accessible application ports (default HTTP port
3000and HTTPS port
- A user with
- Access to booking system (e.g. Office 365) over HTTP (port
80) or HTTPS (port
- Access to NTP server over NTP (port
- Access to the internet during installation to download dependencies.
Install Evoko Home on an Ubuntu Server
In this guide we will use Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS as our operating system which we connect to via SSH.
- To ensure all basic build packages exist to run the installation script we recommend running the following three commands. Press enter on the keyboard after each command:
sudo apt install -y build-essential sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade
- The outputs should look like this for each command:
- Screen Shot Running: sudo apt install -y build-essential
- Screen Shot Running: sudo apt update
- Screen Shot of Successful: sudo apt upgrade
- Download the latest version of Evoko Home for Linux and put the installation package on the server. In this version, we will be downloading v2.7.4
- Option 1: download-liso.evoko.se
- Option 2: You can also download the latest Evoko Home version directly to the server by entering
wget https://download-liso.evoko.se/latesthome.tar.gzWhen the download is complete it should look like this:
- Extract the downloaded installation package:
Option 1 - if you downloaded it from our website:
tar -xzf installation_v2.*.tar.gz
tar -xzf latesthome.tar.gz
- A directory
v2.x.yzshould now have been extracted, you can check this by running
- Change directory to the newly extracted directory and run the installation script:
cd v2.* && sudo bash install.sh
- The installation script will automatically recognize the necessary tools/prerequisites required to run Evoko Home. To continue and install, select Yes by typing
- Next up is to create credentials for the Mongo database. It's in this database meetings, users and Evoko Home settings will be stored. Set a username (e.g.
evoko_user) and press
Enter. Then set a password (e.g
evoko_pass) which you repeat twice, pressing
- You will then be prompted to accept the Database name: evoko_home_db -
- Use localhost:27017 as the Address
- Mongo should restart and the directory structure should be created.
- Next you will need to type the HTTP application port (default
3000) and press
- Set a memory limit for Evoko Home by typing the amount e.g. 4096 followed by pressing
- Below should be prompted if setup is successfully completed, you may remove the installation files:
cd .. && sudo rm -r installation_v2.*.tar.gz v2.*
- You should now be able to access Evoko Home via a web browser on the configured HTTP application port (default