Modena Hub firmware version 4.0 unified all previous HRT Huddle Hub One SRE (Single Room Edition) and HRT Huddle Hub One MRE (Multi Room Edition) units into a single Modena Hub product. The only product difference remains between Modena Hub (without internal Wifi) and Modena Hub+ (with internal Wifi).
Please note that as an effect of the product unification, version 4.0 removes the availability of the extra Smart Rooms in Huddle Hub One MRE. For this reason, version 4.0 can only be applied manually on Huddle Hub One MRE units.
Firmware update paths
- Units on 1.x need a manual update to version 188.8.131.52
This is a necessary intermediate step before updating the unit to versions 3.x and 4.x
Firmware 184.108.40.206 is available for download on this page
- Units on 2.x, and 3.x SRE (Single Room Edition) will automatically follow Modena Hub branch 4.0
- Only 3.x MRE (Multi Room Edition) units will remain by default on version branch 3.3
This will preserve the availability of Smart Rooms with this version.
However, 3.x MRE units can be easily updated to 4.x with a manual update
From a technical perspective, all versions prior to 4.0 are temporarily updated to version 220.127.116.11, which will assign the correct update path depending on the firmware and SRE/MRE version. Modena Hub will be automatically rebooted twice to apply the new updates.
How to update
Please see Updating firmware and software on Modena Hub for detailed instructions on how to perform a firmware update.
By default, updates are automatically applied on reboot (please check the Update page in the web admin configuration). Huddle Hub is also updated automatically after a factory restore.
To update manually, please go to the download page and download the latest 4.0 version.
From the Modena web admin page, navigate to Update -> Manually load the firmware, and select the <HHO_4.0.x.x.dat> file you just downloaded. The new firmware will be installed, and the unit rebooted.
Compatibility with clients
Modena Hub firmware 4.0 requires all connecting clients (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS) to be updated to the latest 4.0 releases.
Restore to factory
If a Huddle Hub with version 4.0 is restored to factory defaults the unit reverts to the firmware originally installed in the factory (typically 1.x, 2.0, 2.3, or 3.0) and then, if connected to the internet, automatically updates itself following the above path.
Maintenance of 3.3 version
No new feature will be implemented or released in version 3.3 branch. The download of the 3.3 version is still available for compatibility with older installations.
Downgrading from 4.0 to 3.3
If you accidentally updated from 3.3 MRE to 4.0 and would like to downgrade in order to regain the extra Smart Rooms, proceed as follows.
- Download the most recent 3.3 firmware from the 3.3 download page
- Disconnect Modena from internet, by simply removing the Ethernet cable, and perform a factory restore.
- When the procedure is completed, reconnect the Ethernet cable without rebooting, and access the web admin configuration
- From the Update page, disable the automatic updates at reboot
- Navigate to Update -> Manually load the firmware, and select the <HHO_3.3.x.x.dat> file you just downloaded. The new firmware will be installed, and the unit rebooted
(Please note that in case the unit reverted to version 1.x, the firmware should be first updated to version 18.104.22.168, as an intermediate step, and then to version 3.3.x.x)
Note that due to the rebranding of the Huddle Hub / Modena Hub units, different passwords have been used in older versions.
Version 1.x and 2.x
- Admin login: password
- Wireless access point: HuddleHubOne
- Admin login: admin
- Wireless access point: huddlehub
- Admin password: admin
- Wireless access point: modenahub