Disabling an audio device in Windows
Disabling audio device in Windows
When working with conferencing software or other audio applications, issues can arise from other audio devices that windows can either actively see or has drivers installed for. The easiest way to address such problems is to simply disable the device from within Windows audio settings.
How to disable Windows audio devices
1. Navigate to the sound menu on the right-hand side of the task bar in the notification area (where the volume fader normally pops up from, on the bottom right hand side when the taskbar is in its default position along the bottom)
2. Right click the speaker icon and select “Open Sound Settings.”
3. From either the input or Output sections, select the “Manage Sound devices” text.
4. A full list of devices either connected or with drivers installed pops up. From here, select the device you would like to deactivate.
5. Press the “Disable” button.